From:
Micki Weltzin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:50:07 -0500
Greetings!

My name is Micki Weltzin, and I am currently directing exhibits that are
traveling through shopping centers.  As one might imagine, I have had
several experiences that are not what would be considered typical in the
normal museum setting.  For instance, shopping hours of 10am to 9pm are not
exactly museum hours and sidewalk sales make security very difficult.

What I am writing to you all is to ask if anyone else has had experiences
with this shopping mall phenomenon and would care to share to dos and
don'ts or perhaps whether you think this genre of exhibit has a future.  I
will admit that I have encountered an audiance much different than that of
a typical museum!

Thank you all ahead of time.

Micki
Iowa City Area Science Center