From:
Sharon Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 15:09:28 +0200
Hello all,

A query has recently come up in my office and has been causing much
discussion.  I would appreciate it if any subscribers to the list could
contribute with interesting strategies.

How do you evacuate school groups from galleries/whole museums?
What if the group(s) is (are) dispersed around a large gallery? Collect
together and meet outside?
Are teachers drilled prior to arriving?
Is the whole group drilled on arrival?
Do you simply rely on well trained gallery warders to usher them out?
What is the procedure once they are outside?
Is there a seperate regrouping procedure/area for schools than for general
visitors?
How do you get them back in again?
What valuable lessons have you learnt from real emergency situations?

Many thanks in advance to those who contribute.  I will compile the answers
and post it to the list for those who are interested, at an the end of the
discussion.

Sharon

Sharon Feldman
Researcher