From:
Dan Tomberlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:11:34 -0500
Addendum to Art Education Job Posting at the Hollywood Art & Culture
Center, Hollywood, Florida

We are looking for someone that can take an on-premise art school and
exhibition schedule and, as I said in the first announcement, "create
unique partnerships, stimulating curriculum-based classes, and attractive
thematic programs". This will require at least a BA in Art and some museum
experience, or a recent MA grad with Art Education training. We have an
interesting and unique facility, it has the potential to be an important
part of downtown Hollywood. These programs have been led up til now by
people that haven't had the training we need. This area needs vision and
direction.

I have recently been hired as the first professionally-trained and museum
experienced director and curator, and I have a vision to make the Center
grow and thrive. I am looking for a self-motivated, creative
problem-solver that has the skills and the intellect to build a great
program here. The salary will grow in proportion to the success of the art
educattion programs. Salary includes medical after 90 days, we are looking
into dental and IRAs.

We are a 501(c)3, a non-profit art center operating in a city facility,
with a long-term lease at virtually no cost. I work for the Board and the
staff works for me. Our budget is $350,000-400,000 a year. We have 4 FT
staff and 3-4 part-time and 10-12 contract teachers, preparators, etc.

This job is not being advertised locally and you need to respond to me in
confidence: Dan Tomberlin, Executive Director, ACC, personally at
[log in to unmask], or at 3417 Atlanta Drive, Hollywood, FL 33021. No
calls, please. I will be at AAM in Atlanta, and will make arrangements for
interviews with the placement center.