Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Jan K. Horn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 11:33:59 -0500
To the members of the museum discussion list:

The staff of the costume shop at the University of Texas at Austin is
making plans to renovate our costume stock storage.  While this is a
constantly used collection not a conserved one, we thought you might have
some information concerning fire control that would be helpful.  We would
like to look into an automatic waterless system.
We also need to seriously improve our lighting. Our basement stock area is
approximately 4000 square feet and will be double or triple hung. Recently
I was told that florescent lights can cause serious and rapid fading even
to new garments.  The alternative suggested was called "studio florescent"
or sunlight simulating florescent.  Does anyone have experience with this
alternative or another?
Thanks for any suggestions or information offered.
Please respond directly to my email as I don't have access to the
discussion list.
Jan Horn

Jan K. Horn, Tailor, Costume Shop, Performing Arts Center
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7818
Austin, TX  78713-7818       (512) 471-0641