From:
Peggy Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:08:41 -0400
Dear Gretchen,

If you decide to devote an issue to "Constructivism and Inquiry" please be
sure to include the roots of this newest fad which is the developmental
psychology of Jean Piaget and John Dewey.  I wrote small piece on the topic
for Curator some months ago entitled, "Discovering the Discovered."  I think
the title says it all.

.  It is appalling how little background the museum community has in the
roots of "contructivism."  It's been around for at least 60 years, nothing
new, just new to our field.

Thanks.

Peggy Cole
Director, program Planning and Development
N.Y. Hall of Science