From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:43:55 GMT
I don't want to beat this into the ground but:
!. While the very large cash gift to the United Way's director was
probably legal, it was a PR nightmare.  The Director had promised to run a
tight lean organization and so on.  After the story broke the board did
all sorts of sorts of stuff to try and deal with the story-which only made
it worse.  Sometime the appearance ofwrong doing is as damaging as actual
misdeeds.
2.  While the legal relationship between local and national UA may exist
under the same laws and codes as say- AAM, the locals operate under fairly
rigid rules-They use the trademark and copyrighted material under very
strict rules and support the national at a much higher level than most
trade groups.  But I guess my point is-if we are looking for models at
least choose successful ones.