From:
John Widdowson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:05:41 +0100
We are currently looking into barcoding our collections for tracking
purposes. Along with the barcode, details like, a name for
responsibility and a current location would need to be entered into a
hand held laser scanner for example, and then uploaded to our
collections management software which is written on an Oracle database.
If anyone has any experience of this sort of solution, benefits and
pitfalls we would very much like to hear from you.
Many thanks
--
John Widdowson,Information Services Assistant  - Brewhouse Yard -
Nottingham Museums & Art Gallery        [log in to unmask]