From:
Laura Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:50:05 -0400
I attended the MA program at George Washington University.  My main
reason for selecting the program was it's proximity to countless numbers
of museums, including the Smithsonian Institution.  I found the program
very worthwhile, although it was/is very costly.  The program director is
Marie Malaro, author of A Legal Primer for Managing Museum Collections
which is one of the most widely used books in the field. The classes are
predominantly taught by working museum professionals, mostly from the
Smithsonian (great connections!)  If you have specific questions, please
e-mail me or contact the program at:

Museum Studies Program
The George Washington University
801 22nd Street, N.W., Suite T-215
Washington, D.C.  20052
(202) 994-7030

Finally, you might want to check the MUSEUM-L archives since this
question comes up periodically.

Laura Mahoney
Office of Sponsored Projects
Smithsonian Institution

>>> "Miller, Kristy L." <[log in to unmask]> 04/11/97 09:23pm

I would like to know from anyone with a Museum Studies degree what
college they attended.  I am looking for both undergraduate studies and
graduate studies.  Even though I am in college now, my college doesn't
offer Museum studies.  I have looked in college books and found very
few that offer Museum studies.  Thank you for any help you can give
me.
 Kristy Miller class of 2000