From:
Gloria Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:13:03 -0600
I am new to this list and although I find it interesting I am  wondering if
there is a more appropriate place for me to be.  At any rate I'll give this
list a try.  If after reading my message you know of another list that
would be more in line with my area, I hope you will contact me with the
address.

I am interested in hearing from those of you who are in the museum pubic
program business.  My department develops and performs formal science
theater presentations and science demonstrations in our museum.  These are
scheduled scripted programs from 5-30 minutes long. Other more informal
science demos are done by SMM volunteers and exhbit hall staff.

We are in the process of planning and developing program proposals that
will take advantage of new spaces at our new museum site, due to open in
late 1999 along the shores of the Mississippi River in Saint Paul, MN.

These spaces include out door roof top terraces, a large open atrium space
two to three stories high with the performance level adjacent to our
Physics Gallery and Paleo Hall, an outdoor amphitheater in our science park
and a science garden.  Wow, what a challenge!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Gloria Williams
Public Programs
Science Museum of Minnesota