From:
Mike Teskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:25:45 -0700
In October, 1996 a heritage tourism project I was working on hosted a number
of travel writers. The vast majority of the articles have not run as yet,
but one that did run has picked up a lot of attention.  Randy Kraft from the
Morning Call in Allentown, PA wrote an article for his paper that ran on
11/10/96.  It centers on the Oil Heritage Region of Pennsylvania and its
heritage tourism resource, especially the Drake Well Museum. Since then it
ran across the wires and was picked up by over 30 publications across the US.
While I am delighted to have this coverage, I would like to get copies (in
original sizes) of the articles in the publications.  This will help create
a case for the effectiveness of this effort when we figure ad equivalency.
If anyone on Museum-L could help us out it would be most appreciated.  The
publications and dates of the articles are listed below.

By the way, there was mis-communication with the clipping service who would
have captured these articles had they been given the key words to search.

12/12/96        News Herald             Lake County, OH
12/29/96        Arizona Republic       Scottsdale, AZ
1/5/97          Star Ledger                Newark, NJ
1/5/97          Tribune-Review          Greensburg, PA
1/5/97          Quad City Times         Davenport, IA
1/5/97          Patriot-News              Harrisburg, PA
1/5/97          Chronicle                    Houston, TX
1/5/97          Times-News               Erie, PA
1/5/97          Buffalo News              Buffalo, NY
1/5/97          Oakland Press           Pontiac, MI
1/5/97          Salt LAke Tribune       Salt Lake City, UT
1/5/97          Sunday News             Lancaster, PA
1/5/97          Fayetteville News
                       & Observer               Fayetteville, NC
1/5/97          Valley News                Hanover, NH
1/12/97         Times Union             Jacksonville, FL
1/12/97         Charlottesville Daily
                        Progress                Charlottesville, NC
1/12/97         Youngstown Vindicator   Youngstown, OH
1/19/97         San Antonio Express     San Antonio, TX
1/19/97         Rockland Journal        Westchester CO, NY
1/19/97         Poughkeepsie Jrnl       Duchess County, NY
1/26/97         Star Tribune               Minneapolis, MN
1/26/97         Cincinnati Enquirer     Cincinnati, OH
1/26/97         Press Democrat          Santa Rosa, CA
1/26/97         Reporter Dispatch       White Plains, NY
1/26/97         Staten Island
                        Sunday Advance     Staten Island, NY
2/16/97         Daily News                  Newport News, VA
2/23/97         Herald Tribune             Sarasota, FL
2/23/97         Times Star                  Alameda, CA
3/2/97          Valley Times                Pleasanton, CA

We know these ran because they generated phone calls to the sites and the
tourism number.  They ran on Sundays.  If you see anything resembling this
kind of publicity in other publications about the Oil Heritage Region or
Drake Well, please get the articles and inform me.

Thanks,
MT
Mike Teskey
CommunityFirst! Partners