Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:40:20 -0500
Dear list readers:

I have an opportunity to send some of our works of art on paper to a
company called Midwest Freeze Dry in Chicago for deacidification.  I
know that the process is a gaseous deacidification process, that no
alkaline material is left behind and it is done in a "tank".

This is about all I know about the process, and I was wondering if
anyone can fill me in on it and about the safety of placing works of art in
such a chamber.  Is there any type of material that should absolutely NOT
be included?

Also, has anyone ever worked with this particular company?  I am told
that it is run by at least one paper conservator.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, Iowa  52358