ICOM-L Archives

ICOM-L@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanne Hogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ICOM Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:52:44 +0100
Dear Dan Matei,
This is awfull news. I know, through the regular attendance of CIMEC
representatives at CIDOC meetings, that  CIMEC has been very active for many
years and that the databases you have put together are of great importance
to the field of cultural heritage in Romania.. and beyond ! I have forwarded
the news through to a UNESCO person I am familiar with, hoping it will be
taken further for your support. In general I would say that this shows how
important and vulnerable museum documentation work can be.
I hope you and your collegues will have the courage to work from this point
onwards.
Jeanne Hogenboom
CIDOC chair