From:
Noel Ratch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 22:49:21 -0700
I am currently finishing up one period of internship with a local
heritage site and am planning to begin another and have never found that
"Dirty Work" was all that I was expected or assigned to do.  I fact, all
members of the site staff treated me very much like an equal and offered
me opportunity to learn and explore all areas of the heritage/museum
field the site had to offer.

In fact, my supervisor, who is both a superior teacher and mentor
encouraged me to delve into any aspect of the site that I found
interesting or could advance any current site project.  The current
display that my internship revolves around is multifaceted and has and
will allow me to take a project from the research phase to its opening.
I have found (and hope to find the rest of) my internship a truly
rewarding and educational experience which I have enjoyed every minute
of.

I'm not sure if my extremely positive experience is rare among interns,
but it is an experience I would highly recommend to anyone interested in
the heritage/museum field.

Noel R.