From:
David Haberstich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:10:20 EST
 Since I have no figures or ratios to offer off-list to the question
about spaces in the "ideal interactive children's museum," and since I
suspect there is no satisfactory answer to the question anyway, I'll
answer on-list. The ONLY thing I know about children's museums is that
the ideal has not yet been built. So first, design and build it: then
you'll know what those ratios are. Seriously, I think you need to take a
survey and do site visits to get the information you need. But please
discard any notion that you can copy someone else's "ideal," if you
could even find one. Your operation is going to have to be a custom fit,
and you'll have no way of knowing whether it meets your needs ideally
until you try it out. And then the very next day, something will change
that makes your ideal arrangement less than ideal. --David Haberstich