From:
Tchira Seligman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 20:07:51 -0400
About a month ago, I sent out the following museum web site survey.  I've
gotten a few answers, but in hopes of receiving more, I'm sending it out
again.

*Please send your responses to me off-list.*  I will continue to compile
won't be giving out specifics on each person or institution who responded,
for sake of confidentiality).  If you know of anyone else who might be
helpful with my research, I'd love to get their name/phone/fax/e-mail ... or
if you're feeling extremely helpful, e-mailing this survey to them directly
would be great.

If you have any questions, please e-mail or phone me.  Thanks to those who've
already responded, and thanks in advance to those who haven't, but want to!

Tchira Seligman, Public Relations Associate
The Jewish Museum San Francisco
(415) 543-2090 x210

------------------------------

MUSEUM WEB SITE SURVEY

1. What were your primary reasons for creating a site (i.e. public relations;
education; to increase membership, number of donors/foundations,
contributions, attendance; bring in more children/adult groups, etc.)?

2. How did you do your research? How did you start the process of developing
your site?

3. Who did you work with to create/develop your site?

4. How much did the project cost overall?

5. What were the cost break-downs in-house?

a. Domain name
b. Physical site set-up
c. Computer
d. Scanner
e. Modem
f. Software (i.e. Photoshop, Adobe Illustraotr, Quark, etc.)
g. Hardware
h. Production/design

6. What were the cost and type of break-downs for consultants?

7. How much time did it take to initially set up the site? How frequently is
your site updated? What type of staffing is done to maintain the site on a
frequent basis (in-house, or by a consultant)?

8. How much does it cost to maintain the site on a monthly and yearly basis?
(i.e. staff and/or consultant costs, software/hardware costs)

9. What have you noticed since your site was launched?

Increases in:

a. Attendance
b. Membership
c. Donors/Foundations
d. Contributions (gifts, etc.)
e. Adult/children tours

Do you have statistics for these categories? How many site and/or page hits
do you get per day/week/month in these categories?

10. What other museum/arts organization sites do you consider to be
exemplary?

11. Who do you consider to be the best web designers?