From:
Elizabeth Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 12:28:18 +1100
I have recently had a request in my science store for a miniature Ames Room.
Apparently the customer was impressed with the full scale models seen in many
Science Centres and Museums and wants one for himself. Does anyone know if
such a thing exists? I would be grateful for any information on suppliers and
costs.

For those of you like myself who needed reminding - the Ames Room is one of
the classical optical illusions featuring a room with a slanted floor, roof
and black and white check tiles. Depending on where one stands in the room,
the size of the person seems to change. In one corner you seem very small and
in the opposite you appear as a giant.

Any suggestions anyone?

Elizabeth Moore    ([log in to unmask])
Science Centre and Planetarium