Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:50:08 -0800
We are about to place our second Internet/WWW kiosk out in the galleries.
The first consisted of a PowerMac running Netscape and included a keyboard
and a mouse.  The second one is again a PowerMac running Netscape, but
we've removed the keyboard and mouse and are using a touch screen instead.
This second kiosk will be associated with our new Cats!  Wild to Mild
exhibit and will provide the public with access to WWW based information on
felines.

Does anyone know of a variation (a hacked version) of Netscape (or another
browser) that has some features disabled, features such as:

1.  The menu bar
2.  The ability to quit

Even better, is anyone aware of a web browser that prevents desktop access
entirely when running? (we can use At Ease to limit desktop access)

Is there anyone out there who is sufficiently familiar with Resedit to
untake the challenge of hacking Netscape?

Jim

Jim Angus
Internet and Hypermedia Programs
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

http://www.nhm.org/nhm

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:    213/746-2999
eMail:  [log in to unmask] = [log in to unmask]