From:
Rachel A Bernhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:33:42 -0500
I decided to get back on museum-l, after a year hiatus, to specifically
garner words of wisdom to use in dragging my new place of work kicking and
screaming into the world of professional museum standards and practices. And
I have taken many "snips" to pass on, for which I thank one and all.

What I forgot about entirely was the redundancy, the mean-spirited sniping,
knee-jerk reactions, virus hoaxes, and the incredibly ANNOYING tendency of
most people to reprint the (usually long) message to which they are
replying. It is simply too time consuming--and frustrating!--to scroll
endlessly through the digest, trying to figure out which thoughts are new,
which are reprints to which NOTHING HAS BEEN ADDED, and what is just the
"clever" quote someone is using to end their signature.

Maybe I'll check back next year.
Rachel A. Bernhardt
Writer/Exhibits Manager, Visitor Center
Goddard Space Flight Center