From:
"Susan M. Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 1997 11:10:34 EST
>I am still interested in receiving sample plans from small history museums.
Could it be that most small museums do not have strategic plans?  Or was my
request lost in the budget size discussion?
Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Elaine Clements Zopes, Director<

We have developed a strategic planning template that we would be willing to
share with anyone interested.  It opens with a series of pre-planning questions;
walks through isses, goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics (with brief
examples of each); and ends with an approach for on-going communication and
evaluation of the plan, as well as a series of end-of year/rproject  questions.
We generally use it as one part of our on-site consulting about master and
strategic planning, so by itself it is not all encompassing, but it may be a
tool to add to the other planning methods a museum is using to create a
strategic plan.

For anyone that wants a copy, email us your snail mail address off-list.

Susan Ward
Heritage Communications
615-661-6336 ph, 615-371-8774 fax