From:
Helen Alten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:39:32 -0600
(1)  This request belongs on CoOL (Conservation On-Line), not Museum-L.
Send it to:  [log in to unmask]

(2)  "Pests" refers to living organisms, usually insects or children,
sometimes mold.  Some parts of your query refer to chemical degradation
reactions.   (copper corrosion products and white bloom on leather that may
or may not be from mold -- these blooms are often from earlier treatments or
leather manufacture combined with current environment)  By eliminating one
essential ingredient for the reaction, or slowing the reaction down, you
will decrease the incidence of occurence.

Good luck!
Helen Alten
Field Services Director
The Upper Midwest Conservation Association
2400 3rd Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
612-870-3120