Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 08:17:40 -0200
>In the late 1970's and early 1980's the Museum of New Mexico in Santa
>Fe had a wonderful semi-trailer truck that took exhibits to remote areas
>of that state.

The National Museums of Botswana have a travelling museum service that takes
mainly educational programmes to the -very- remote parts of that country. It
does include some exhibition material and is known as `The Zebra's Voice'.

Voice mail is 267 374616. I don't think they're connected, but Tickey Pule
at the University would probably be willing to pass on messages

Namibia also has a similar service, I believe. Try Joris Komen for more
info. ([log in to unmask])

Cheers,

Glyn Balkwill

National Cultural History Museum      Tel   27 (0)12 3411320
PO Box 28088                          Fax   27 (0)12 3416146
SUNNYSIDE                             Email [log in to unmask]
0132  RSA

Website       http://www.paperless.co.za/public/nchm/

All opinions expressed are very definitely my own