Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 20:29:19 GMT
Colleagues,

I'm applying to the Bank Street College of Education in New York City for
an M.S. in Education in Computers in Education.  I anticipate entering in
the fall of 1997 as a full-time student.

I have logged in 6 years in the museum field, but now I have decided to
broaden my academic/professional scope.  I want to return to the worlds of
museum and informal education upon completing the degree.

From what I know, Bank Street seems like a wonderful place to learn;
unfortunately, it does not offer on-campus housing.  I have checked some
recent apartment classifieds in AVISO, but even sub-leased, many of those
rent for no less than $800 a month.  I've saved some money, but not enough
to cover that much per month for the next year and a half.  I do plan on
working but only part-time and of course there will be loans.

If you ever attended grad. school, full or part-time, in New York City, I
would like know how you might have been creative when came to securing
shelter, especially if your school did not provide on-campus housing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot.
Happy Holidays

Orrie Crews  <<[log in to unmask]>>
Asst. Curator of Education
The Natural Science Center of Greensboro
Greensboro, N.C.