Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:14:02 GMT
I am posting this announcement for someone else. Please send all inquiries
to Dr. Hoover, address below.

Preliminary Announcement for 1997 CIMCIM Meeting

The ICOM Committee on Musical Instruments, CIMCIM, will hold its 1997
meeting in Washington, DC May 11-14, 1997.  During this period we will
meet to hear papers and see demonstrations on the theme "Musical
Instrument Collections in the Electronic Age,"  hold Working Group
sessions and tour musical collections and events at the Smithsonian
Institution and the Library of Congress.  We will try to have an
"Electronic Showcase" to display and demonstrate work that your museum is
doing with new technology.  The conference hotel is the Key Bridge
Marriott in Arlington, Virginia.  (rates $121 + 9.75% tax for a single and
$127 + 9.75% tax for 2+ people in a double room.  Rate does not include
meals.)  Estimated meeting registration fee is $75.00

For more information contact Cynthia Adams Hoover, by December 1, 1996:
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
phone:  202-357-1707
fax:       202-786-2883
mail:       Dr. Cynthia Adams Hoover, Division of Cultural History, MRC
616, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC  20560