From:
Laura Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:09:39 -0500
Hi Carrie -- I found the address.

For the rest of Museum-L:

The internships are actually through the National Council for Preservation
Education (NCPE).  That's who pays you, although the placements are at
NPS offices.  The internships are for 400 hours and pay $10/hour.
Please keep in mind that they are very competitive and require a formal
application, transcripts and references.  I'm not sure if it's required, but I
think that you need to have your BA/BS already in hand.  Also, college
credit is not normally granted for these internships.  To request
information and an application, contact:

Michael Tomlan
N.C.P.E.
210 West Sibley Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY  14853-6701
(607) 255-7261

Laura Mahoney
Office of Sponsored Projects
Smithsonian Institution

>>> Carrie Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]> 01/14/97
03:33am >>>
Quite a while ago, someone posted here that the National Park Service
offers internships and/or jobs in museum studies and related fields.
Could someone tell me where I could get more information on this? I am
not finding anything on their web sites. You can e-mail me directly.

Thank you,
Carrie Beauchamp [log in to unmask]