From:
Rob Lancefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:11:41 -0500
***  (sorry for cross-posting, people on more than one of these lists!)  ***

Hi, everyone:

As of yesterday, the Davison Art Center, the museum of Wesleyan University,
Middletown, CT, USA, has a (fairly humble!) homepage at:

http://www.wesleyan.edu/dac/home.html

I welcome any comments (please reply offlist to <[log in to unmask]>).

BTW, it'd be great if those of you who maintain public lists of art- or
museum-related websites could build links to our URL if you wish. TIA!

I'd be especially grateful for feedback from users of platforms or browsers
unlike my Macintosh/NN3.0 configuration. I've dithered GIFs to a
"windows-safe" 216-color palette (at the price of some heavy
pixelization/posterization), but wonder whether some images might be too
dark on lower-gamma monitors, and whether my newbie html tagging might be
unduly susceptible to browser quirks.

[warning: in case you follow links to other directories on the university's
http server, I know that links back *to* the DAC from other Wesleyan pages
still lead confusingly to now-obsolete "DAC" subdirectories maintained by
someone else.]

Best,
Rob Lancefield
Registrar of Collections, and long-time lurker on these lists

 Robert Lancefield                    <[log in to unmask]>
 Registrar of Collections
 Davison Art Center, Wesleyan University       tel. 860.685.2965
 301 High Street, Middletown, CT 06459 USA     fax. 860.685.2501