From:
"Dill, Christopher L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:37:14 GMT
NAGPRA doesn't cover the skeleton from the closet until and
unless it falls into the hands of a "Museum."  Here, at
least, unidentified skeletal remains are subject to
repatriation to the Intertribal Repatriation Committee under
state law and Board policy, if not via NAGPRA.

More seriously, many (most?) states have quite serious laws
about owning, selling, possessing, and/or disposing of human
remains.  I'd suggest you contact the state health
department or the local coroner to make sure you aren't
breaking the law what ever you do with it.

Regards  :)

C. L. Dill, Museum Director
State Historical Society of North Dakota
612 East Boulevard
Bismarck  ND  58505-0830
P: (701)328-2666
F: (701)328-3710