Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Heleanor Feltham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:15:00 PST
Comments:
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
 ----------
From: daemon
To: MUSEUM-L
Subject: Revised Mission Statement Request
Date: Friday, 25 October 1996 2:01PM

After about 90 years in 'temporary' accommodation, the Museum of Applied
Arts and Sciences in Sydney (includes Powerhouse, Sydney Observatory &
Sydney Mint Museum) finally got a new, vastly improved venue for the
bicentennial.  As part of the intellectual restructuring that went along
with our massive expansion, we came up with the following Mission Statement.

To be a dynamic, innovative and enjoyable museum which promotes awareness
and understanding of the past, present and future of Australian society
through research, scholarship and the acquisition, conservation and
integrated presentation of material in the fields of science, technology,
industry, design, decorative arts and social history.

Whew....(and that includes a strong multicultural brief that incorporates
aspects of every culture that contributes to the Australian mix).

Heleanor

Heleanor Feltham
Sydney Mint Museum

I have receded an overwhelming response to my request for information on new
mission statements and want to specify the kind of information I need.

When did your institution revise their mission statement?
What was the impetus for the revision?
Send along (if possible) a copy of the old and new statement.

This would be a great help.  Thank you for the speedy and friendly replies.

If the information is too bulky for email - send to Catherine M. Lewis,
925-B
Drewry Street, Atlanta, GA 30306.

Please respond off-list.

Best to everyone,