Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 09:35:26 -0400
When I was a the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis we installed a giant
show of Frank Ghery's work, including a 36 foot long fish with sheet lead
'scales'. The education person at the time suggested using the scrap lead
for a kids project. It took a while to convince him that lead is HIGHLY
TOXIC, especially when in contact with moisture.
Avoid contact with any exposed skin! Use caution choosing gloves --
certain types of rubber actually increase your vulnerability because the
chemical can leech through them and the glove raises skin temperature,
causing increased sweating. Contact your local OSHA for more info. In any
case a handrail is deffinately out of the question!

Mark Nielsen
Exhibit Designer/Preparator
University of Michigan Museum of Art
[log in to unmask]      313/647-2068