From:
Susan Hazan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 14:16:37 +0300
>Cary Karp wrote...

>Nonetheless, the Swedish Museum of Natural History was among
>the earlier starters on the Web -- spring 1994, if memory
>serves. Since this was about the time that the present wave of
>Web/Internet mass popularity got started......

Well if you have got into 94 on your 'who's on first' list then you cant go
on without
a mention of Monsieur Pioche and his virtual "Louvre" web site... now
fondly known
as "Le Web Museum" with all its myriad of mirror sites.
Allthough this wasnt a 'real' museum represented here, no other virtual
museum had
a greater impact on surfers all over the world than did Pioche's.
I suspect that I might just be opening up a Pandoras box here but Pioche's site
deserves a recognition in your 'who's on first list' for whatever your
opinion of him.

Susan Hazan
Head of Multimedia Education Unit
Ruth Youth Wing