From:
Robin Lipp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 07:15:26 -0500
On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Sonnabend, Christine L. wrote:

>      The U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum exhibit is entitled "Remember the
>      Children: Daniel's Story" and it is still running. It has been so
>      popular that it hasn't left. The Olympics exhibit is on the Concourse
>      level of the Museum in one of the temporary gallery spaces.

"Remember the Children" is also a traveling exhibit; we hosted it here
about three years ago.  We've also hosted "Children of Detention Camps,"
a photo exhibit about the Japanese/American detention camps during WWII
and a photo exhibit about children living in poverty (I can't remember
the name).
All of these exhibits elicited strong responses from our audience; most of
them positive, some very negative.
Our Center for Exploration is a gallery space/workshop where kids come up
with their own exhibits based on general themes.  One of the first
exhibits in CFX was "What's Law Got to Do with Me?" featuring a case full
of weapons on loan to us from the local law enforcement agency
confiscated during arrests, an "electric chair" full-scale model, and
T-shirts with somewhat provocative slogans on them.
Robin Toulouse
Collections Manager
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis