From:
Jonathan Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 01:30:05 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (MyFlee) wrote:

> Greetings all.   Recently I have been involved with a project to evaluate
> the tours given by a small museum to school children.  While there have
> been good and not so good sugestions bandied about by the museum staff, I
> feel a good source to go to would be the visitors themselves.  I am
> currently putting together an evaluation form which will be sent to the
> schools/teacher asking for thier opinion on the tour the students
> received.  Is it what they expected?  What would they have like to have
> seen done, or what was really good about it? etc.  My request is to anyone
> who is currently using this system of evaluation.  Is it a good source of
> information?  Do you find it helpful?  And would you be willing to share
> an example of it with me?  Thanks in advance for the info.
>
> Marilee

Many years ago (12, I think), we used an evaluation form, which was quite
useful. We stopped using it after about 6 months or so, but are thinking
that we might resurrect it (or something like it) soon. It was a bit
time-consuming, but it fulfilled its original purpose at the time (to get
to the bottom of some general, informal complaints we were hearing about).

Here it is:

Our hope is to keep the Education Services of The Art Gallery of New South
Wales effective, efficient, reliable and relevant. In the past we have
valued informal feedback from teachers; we would now like further
assistance through filling out this more formalised channel of feedback.
Your response should help us to find out how well (or otherwise) we are
fulfilling your needs.

PLEASE TICK THE APPROPRIATE BOXES: (not shown here)

1. I found that the material presented was:
   a. At the students' level
   b. Too difficult
   c. Too easy

2. I felt that my students found the material to be:
  (i)
   a. Relevant
   b. Irrevelant

  (ii)
   a. Interesting
   b. Uninteresting

3. I felt that the presenter was:
   a. Too formal
   b. Too casual
   c. At the right level

4. I felt that throughout the presentation, students:
   a. Were given plenty of opportunity to participate
   b. Were given some opportunity to participate
   c. Were given little opportunity to participate
   d. Were given no opportunity to participate

5. The presentation was:
   a. Too long
   b. Too short
   c. About the right length

6. I would have:
   a. No hesitation in recommending a similar service
   b. Some hesitation in recommending this service to others
   c. Difficulty in recommending this service to others

Any comments you would like to make:

PLEASE HAND BACK TO THE INFORMATION DESK.

Thank you.

Hope that helps.

--
Jonathan Cooper