From:
Mary Herdegen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:28:14 +0100
I have been collecting souvenir "float pens" for about five years now.  I
thought that this would be a fun hobby for my children who, of course,
weren't the least bit interested but my husband and I became fascinated!  I
believe that the company who produces the pens is based in Switzerland and
designs for museums, and the tourism industry.

Our "collection," is diverse and contains about one hundred fifty pens.

Alcatraz (two varieties, ball & chain and sharks chasing escaping inmates)
The Vatican
Monticello (two, carriage and child with hoop)
Ashlawn-Highland (home of James Monroe, also in Charlottesville): peacock.
The Smithsonian has several: *great* Air & Space Museum
Windsor Castle
British Parliament
Boston Tea Party Ship
Graceland (two,  Elvis and a pink Cadillac)
Jefferson Memorial
Lincoln Memorial

These are just a few that I can quickly recall.

Mary Carroll Herdegen
Curator
Atkinson Museum of Hampden-Sydney College
P.O. Box 745
Hampden-Sydney, VA 23943
(804) 223-6134  Fax: (804) 223-6344