From:
"J./B. Moore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:33:40 -0500
>has
>anybody set up guidelines for determining which programs to *drop* so you
can do something new
>without adding staff or increasing one's already-too-heavy quota of
overtime hours?

We've had to do this this year, after expanding our facility and needing to
increase "normal" program volume simultaneously (going from 90 to 150
classes, from programming one gallery to three, etc.).  Our major criterion
was MONEY:  with staff time considered, did the event or program's income at
least double its expense?   If not, bye-bye for a while.  Also, we cut all
events and programs that were not underwritten by an outside force.  So far
(knock wood) we haven't had to cut any of the free events we do, or refused
to do any of the services that we did prior to expansion (mostly
reference-related).

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center