From:
Glen Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:13:38 +1000
Maria

I am puzzled as to why you don't want reports of practical experiences. These
are what determine the value of such devices.

We use our visitor's books to do the following.

1. Give visitors a chance to provide feedback. This is for THEIR benefit.
2. Identify our strong points/weaknesses in their eyes. This is for OUR
benefit.
3. Have something to show our sponsors and my board- 99% of comments are very
positive and the wide geographical origins of those who fill in the books is
impressive.

We realise that only a narrow subset of people fill in the books. We use other
methods to produce statistical information.
Glen Moore
Director, Science Centre and Planetarium
Wollongong, Australia
[log in to unmask]  fax: 61 42 836665
web: http://www.uow.edu.au/science_centre/home.html