From:
"T. Preston" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:53:03 -0700
As a museology grad student I just had an internship this spring where I
was paid $5.50/hour (luckily, I was living for free with my parents), down
from $7.50/hour I was making as a work-study student at a university
museum.  I actually felt pretty darn good about that $5.50/hour because
1) other people in my program have not been so lucky to get a paid
internship, and 2) it's difficult to find a museum job for grad students
that pays anything if it's not work-study (at least in the Seattle area).

Like Emily said, [snip] "Get over it.  You didn't get into the
> museum business to make money." [snip]  That's the attitude I have to
have right now as I'm beginning to look for a museum job, because it's the
only attitude I have ever had.  Anyone have any suggestions as to how I
can make an "attitude adjustment"?  Should I demand more when looking for
a job right out of grad school?

TIA for your opinions,

Toni Preston
Museology grad