From:
Patricia Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 20:58:51 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] "John Martinson"
writes:

> In responding to a job position, I always presented a well, polished
> cover letter and no more than a two page resume.  The cover letter
> basically stated, I was the person for the position.  The resume
> was written for that job.  I used words they used and wanted, and
> refined the resume to fit their job on all levels.  ...

I couldn't agree more.  Applications, above all, should
make it easy for the person doing the shift to select you
for interview.

For example, often a job spec. or person spec. will have a number
of bullet points: you should exactly mirror those - as the
same points will probably appear, in the same order, on the
sifter's check list - so if the first requirement is a
BSc in Biology, put that first, if the second is 4 years
experience in a museum, give your length of service second.

--
Patricia Reynolds
Keeper of Social History, Buckinghamshire County Museum,