From:
MSopendoor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 1996 07:44:15 -0400
Of the people I know who are called "researchers" in the museum setting,
all have PhDs in a particular discipline (such as history, public history,
anthropology, and so on).  Have you thought of becoming a curator?
There's no PhD required for most curatorial positions in
small-to-mid-sized and some large institutions, and curators sure do a lot
of research on collections artifacts and in preparation for exhibitions.

Melanie Solomon