Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:11:07 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-14 09:01:37 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Bonni-Dara
Michaels) writes:

> Anyone out there want to work on this?  I am willing to help, for
>  example, by correlating numbers (if I can get them) and trying to make
>  information available to interested parties.  Any reasonable,
>  cost-effective suggestions for the latter?

Am I the only one who would get fired if I posted my salary and my
supervisors found out? (although not on the list himself, my boss has
received copies of my emails from a lurker on this list!)

I think the secrecy around divulging one's salary is a divide and conquer
tactic employed by management. But perhaps we could create a clearinghouse
(if that is what I perceive Ms. Michaels to be offering her services for) of
previous salaries (with dates of employment). Where exactly would not be
important, but state and type (govt, private) of funding would probably be
appropriate. Comments?

- Adrienne