Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 11:36:49 -0500
From:
Vanda Bushfield <[log in to unmask]>
> I do not at all  want to appear pedantic or patronizing - but isn't a
> "museum without collections" like a motorcar without engine, wheels and
> body? Before wasting bits and time I would rather check definitions, e. g.
> ICOM's, of a museum.
I dont know... I rather thought this list was a place for a discussion of
ideas.  Perhaps ICOM and AAM's very limited definition of what makes
something a "Museum" is an idea worth discussing.  Must a museum have
a collection, or be non-profit, or <fill in the requirement>, to be
a museum.  Why?  Sometimes it seems to me that we are all being a
bit narrow in our view of our world, and a narrow mind in education
is a very bad thing to have.

Vanda