From:
Susan Voigt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 13:11:31 EST
The Peabody Museum of Natural History is issuing a unique cachet in honor
of the USPS issue of prehistoric mammal stamps.

Available at the Museum on June 9, they will continue to be available until
June 25.  Our cachet, designed at the Museum, uses the famous Rudolph
Zallinger mural "Age of Mammals" painted on the wall of our mammal hall,
as its centerpiece.  The mural reproduction is inserted into an 8 1/2" x
11" sheet with the Peabody Museum logo and a "background" graphic, perfect
for placement of the 4 prehistoric mammal stamps.  Our personal hand cancel
continues the Museum theme using a mammoth skeleton as its central graphic.

The cachet retails for $3.50 in addition to the cost of the 4 $.32
stamps.  Because we generally do not handle this type of product,
I have been seeking interested parties.  A limited number are still
available.  Any suggestions from you on the best ways to market this
one-time limited offering?

Thank you.

Susie

Susan L. Voigt