From:
Natasha Gitany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 10:29:56 -0500
Hi Trish!!

        Sure, I am interested in a debate like the growth of museums websites,
kiosk inside the exhibits and the preparation of programs to the internet.
As far as possible... I am working in  a museum withe the kiosk part, propably
as my master thesis of computer science. So, let's motivate others and start the
 debate.
        However, I think that technology inside the museums is going to help the
 youngers to get interested in a plce like that. In a place that they usually go
 with their family, or in a school trip, but not by their own initiative, so we
have to get rid of that and make the museum websites look as attractive as they
can, leaving some stuff to exploration in the way stimulate them to come and vis
it the museum.
        Also, the kioks inside the museum will give a great motivation to the
public in general... As they are different types of them .. If you are intereste
d in discuss more on about the kiosk thing or anyone else in the list just reply
to me directly or to this message. If you have very technical or specific questi
ons about them do it directly...

Natasha Gitany
UWM - Milwaukee