From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:57:56 -0500
Those of us in the field are not be insensitive to job searcher's need
for money to attend conferences.  Believe me, we were in the same boat. I
remember clearly scraping together the money to go to my first Virginia
Association of Museums conference, which was actually a requirement for
my graduate degree.
Many of the regional museum associations - and I know Vanda, that MPMA
does - offer scholarships to attend meetings.  Many of the SPC's also do
so.  At any rate, join your regional association - they have jobs
newsletters - e.g. MPMA is monthly, and a student membership is $15!
Vanda - I think there is still time to apply for a scholarship to the Oct.
MPMA meeting.
Contact Jennifer Cook at the Santer de Cristo Arts & Conference Cneter,
210 North Santa Fe Ave. Pueblo, CO 81003 (719)543-0130.
By the way, all four of my jobs came from replying to AVISO ads - so at
least some of them must be for real!
Kathrine Walker, Beach Museum of Art