Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 08:20:31 PDT
I'm deliberately posting this to the list, as this isn't the first (or
last?) time this question has come up.

We use the following wording:

"I hereby unconditionally donate the following work(s) or object(s) to
the (Museum), for such disposition as the Museum considers desirable:

The above gift is irrevocable for the benefit of the (Museum), and will
include all my rights, title and interests of the above described
property, and all rights of reproduction and publication, and shall not
be subject to any condition or limitation.

The artist's or artists' copyright is, to the best of my knowledge,
retained by:

Date:                          Signature:
                               Printed name as signed above:

Please indicate below how you wish to have your name appear in the credit

line for your gift:

If the object is jointly owned, each owner should sign this form. Please
return the original to the (Museum), and retain the copy for your
records."

Hope this helps. (Perhaps someone could re-post the name/address/e-mail
address of the Forms Clearinghouse.  For some reason I simply can't find
it right now...)
name: amalyah keshet
director, visual resources / the israel museum, jerusalem
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
date: 07/29/96
visit our Web site at http://www.imj.org.il