From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 17:47:09 -0500
In message  <[log in to unmask]> Museum discussion list
(Joseph S. Mella) writes:
> As the AAM 1996 meeting is rapidly approaching, I was wondering if
> anyone knows of good diners or breakfast/lunch counters near the
> convention. Expanding the culinary options beyond the Hilton may be
> something others might be interested in as well!

Joseph, et al,

In case it hasn't been mentioned Keys Cafe (on Nicolet btwn 9th and 10th) about
five blocks from the Hilton is the best close breakfast place. Al's is the
classic, but it's a good mile and a half up Hennepin.

For lunch there are some nice spots across Loring Park (again about five blocks,
but a nice walk--look for Harmon Place, where there are at least three good
choices on the block SW of the College). On the way, the cafeteria at Mpls
Community/ Technical College (about four blocks) is good and very cheap (it may
also be open for b'fst, just not sure), and "Gallery 8" at the Walker Art Center
(about seven blocks) is superb--great food at very reasonable prices--not to
mention a wonderful setting.

To get to Mickey's, the classic diner on the National Register (right across the
street from the Children's Museum and one block from the Science Museum), you
have to come to my town (Saint Paul): 10.5 miles from the Hilton--but still
definitely worth the trip!

Best,  Jim Cz