From:
Miriam B Albahari <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:19:41 -0400
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Linda Seguin wrote:

> Or that when the dinosaur skeleton falls on you, and your post-accident drug
> test shows that you've smoked pot in the past month, Worker's Comp. doesn't
> have to pay?
> Big Brother is watching, and I don't feel any safer.
>
> --Linda Seguin

Why shouldn't your employer know if you have smoked an illegal,
mind-affecting drug if you were involved in a workplace accident?  That
dinosaur fall may have happened because of your altered mental state.
Don't do stupid, illegal, dangerous things and expect someone else to
pick up[ the tab.  All of the people responding to this thread have
emphasized that drug tests are applied either uniformly or when there is
cause, not randomly to persecute people.  Seems reasonable to me.

Miriam Albahari