From:
Hank Burchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 08:48:22 -0400
On 12 Jun 1996, Craig d`Arcy wrote:

> Amen to all of the above.  Not only have I heard the 6-10 second figure,
> I have heard that the average disinterested, or casual visitor will
> spend a TOTAL of 45 seconds reading during their Museum visit... the
> first 4 to 8 labels they see.  After that, presumably, they realize that
> additional labels will still not provide what they're looking for...
> entertainment.

This is the best example of self-fulfilling prophecy that I've yet seen on
this thread. Makes me wonder why someone who has such contempt for the
public doesn't go into some other line of work.

When an exhibit fails to attract and hold the attention of the audience to
whom it is directed, who has failed?

     Hank Burchard * <[log in to unmask]> * Washington DC | USA