Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 May 1996 14:40:30 EST
   OK Adrienne. If this is an issue you truly wish to debate with your
   Director, then I would frame it thus and so:

   What exactly, O Director, do we hope to gain by the approach you
   favor?

   If he can articulate that convincingly, then you have a few options:

   1) Agree
   2) Point out the fallacy in his reasoning
   3) Point out that the benefits, as he conceives them, are outweighed
   by the negatives, as you can articulate them.

   To me, without all the salient facts at hand, it sounds daft to make a
   general announcement that in 6 months there will be an unspecified
   number of unspecified jobs with unspecified requirements, please
   send your resume.  But I would guess that the
   Director has a different way of describing what he intends to [have
   you] do.

   Eric Siegel