From:
Don Hockaday <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 08:47:04 -0500
RE:  Thread on job seekers/announcements.
On Thu, 06 Jun 1996  Sue McGuire said:

>And I'd like to reiterate advice mentioned by others: READ the ad. If it asks
>for xx number of years of experience or background in a certain field,
>then >make sure you meet the basic qualifications.

And -- make sure your are clear that you do, in fact, HAVE the required or
preferred qualifications.  If the add says, for instance, "Computer
database experience required," and you have that experience, make sure that
your resume, your application, and your cover letter all mention exactly
what *computer database experience"  you have.

Resumes, cover letters, and applications have different functions and,
depending on the hiring organization, may be examined by different types of
people -- some of whom may not be able or willing to *read between the
lines*.  Do NOT put, *See resume* anywhere on your application.  We want to
hire you if you are the best qualified person -- help us do that.

Don Hockaday  [log in to unmask]