From:
Hank Burchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 11:37:18 -0400
On 27 May 1996, it was written:

> We have at our historical society a 1909 Harley Davidson, marketed as a
"Silent
> Gray Fellow." It is in excellent condition, complete with the leather seat,
> original paint, and a little spanner in the glove box.
>
> I'm wondering about its relative rarity and monetary value.
>
> Anyone out there an antique motorcycle expert?

     No expert here, but lock that bike up tight! It's worth approximately
its weight in gold. You could probably get an estimate from the factory,
but the only real way to establish market value is at auction. You've got
a *rare* bike there, in *rare* condition.

     Hank Burchard * <[log in to unmask]> * Washington DC | USA