From:
"Gregg E. Jackson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 10:49:49 -0500
Hello all -
If the information below is "old news" please forgive. Sometimes these
feeble old librarian eyes don't see everything they should.

I noticed that Henry Crawford mentioned California's Abandoned Property
Law in a posting dated Apr 22. I thought it might be useful to point out
that California is one of a very few states that has its state code and
statutes online. The URL is:  http://www.legalinfo.ca.gov/calaw.html
There is a keyword search function which will yield something big in
response to the query "abandoned property". I searched the Statutes
portion of that page that way and got bored after about 32K bytes.

On a totally different note, whoever was looking for Web Sites for 12-15
year olds might want to check out (if they haven't already) the Yahoo for
kids page, URL:
     http://www.yahooligans.com

Finally, if nobody has mentioned it yet, Conner Prairie (a living
history museum interpreting Central Indiana life in 1836) has a pretty nifty
Web Site. The URL for this one is:
     http://www.connerprairie.org/cp/

TTFN

Gregg Jackson
Librarian
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis

"You can buy 'em books, an' buy 'em books, but it don't do 'em no good
'til you teach 'em to read." -- Lucas Wainscott

     Please visit our Web Site at:
          http://www.a1.com/children/home.html